David Barrett Trio
About & Contact
David Barrett Solo
Acoustic & Electric
Physical & Digital
Design by HotHouse Creative
Concerts & Workshops
“A player of many strands – plays in many guises – could show up anywhere, and get the job done quite beautifully !” – Steve Howe, Yes.
!0 Things You May Not Know About Dave:
1. Teenage Head – One of my first real gigs was in 1980 at L’Amoreaux Collegiate, opening for legendary Canadian punk band Teenage Head, we played Rush, Led Zeppelin, and The Who.
2. Wayne’s World – Mike Myers immortalized the name of my first band “Crucial Taunt” and used it for the name of the band in the film “Wayne’s World”, it’s all good, he’s from the hood, and asked permission.
3. Platinum Blonde – For 10 years I played with Mark Holmes, 4 of those we toured Canada as Platinum Blonde, and played clubs, arenas, and festival shows, it was an awesome era that ended in 2002.
4. Amanda Marshall – I recorded many demos for Amanda in 1994 just prior to her first release, I also played several concerts, including Nathan Philips Square in Toronto.
5. Zappa – In 2008 at the Mod Club in Toronto, I was called up to the stage to jam with the Zappa Plays Zappa band, it ended with Dweezil and I trading a frenzy of unaccompanied guitar licks.
6. Alex Lifeson – Big Al produced the first DB3 album, but prior to that one evening we had an epic jam of acoustic, classical, and 12 string guitars that was never recorded.
7. Alan Parsons – Alan produced Belmonte which appeared on the debut David Barrett Trio album, but we are also featured in the Alan Parsons Art And Science Of Sound Recording DVD.
8. Atomsmasher – I have some great endorsements with innovative companies such as D’Addario, and Pigtronix, but did you know you can buy my signature Mack Atomsmasher DB 40?
9. Massey Hall – I’m only one of two guitarists to play 2112 at Massey Hall on Big Al’s 1976 Les Paul Standard “Stan”, it was a great night, and the band was fantastic, a friend in the audience counted 5 standing ovations.
10. Melody Makers – I have a song featured in the documentary Melody Makers on British rock photographer Barrie Wentzell, my brother Stephen and I are also shown jamming with friends at Barrie’s loft.
Please check David’s solo discography streaming on Apple Music and Spotify
It Might Get Laud, DB Lesson by Vinnie DeMasi Guitar Player January 2019
Yucatan Jam by Vinnie DeMasi Guitar Player Magazine October 2018
Read DB’s Artist Feature from Guitar Player, August 2013